Sin Tong Il Tae Kwon Do
How to tie a your belt
(complements of and
Tae Kwon Do)
- Bow to the flag and instructor when entering or leaving the
- Do not enter class late or leave early without permission.
- Loud conversation, laughing, chewing gum, and wearing
watches or jewelry have no place in Tae Kwon Do training.
- Wear a clean uniform, trim your nails; clean hands & feet
- Do not engage in any activities which might degrade the code
of Tae Kwon Do Ethics or the YMCA's reputation.
- Assume the position of attention while speaking to the
instructor or any Black Belt. Address them as sir or ma'am.
- Students are expected to be courteous and understanding.
They are expected to help fellow students whenever possible.
- Any substitute teacher should be treated as you would your
- Students must have the approval of the Instructor to enter
any tournament, competition or demonstration.
- Do not participate in any activities held by a school or
club other than Jung Sin Tong Il Tae Kwon Do, and affiliated
clubs without permission of the instructor.
|The Tenets of Tae Kwon
|COURTESY: Be polite to each other; encourage a sense of
justice; respect your instructor and help junior students.
|INTEGRITY: To know right from wrong and have the
conscience, if wrong to feel guilt.
|PERSEVERANCE: To set a goal, e.g. higher rank,
technique perfection, and work towards its achievement.
|SELF-CONTROL: Both inside and outside the Do Jang, this
is important, whether sparring or in one's personal affairs.
|INDOMITABLE SPIRIT: To have the courage of your
principles against overwhelming opposition.
- Tae Kwon Do Oath
- I shall observe the Tenets of Tae Kwon Do
- I shall respect the instructor and senior belts
- I shall never misuse Tae Kwon Do
- I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
- I shall build a more peaceful world
- Student's Creed
- To build myself physically and mentally
- To build friendships and to be a strong group
- To develop might for right; never fight selfishly
- To show respect for Black Belt Instructors and to
aid junior students
|Chah-Ryut -- Attention
Kyung-Nae -- Bow
Sah-Bum-Nim -- Instructor
Bah-Row -- Resume Ready Stance
Joon-Bi -- Ready
Ki-Hap -- Yell
Dole-Rah -- Turn Around
Mahk-Gi -- Block
Doh-Bok -- Uniform
Ap -- Front
Yup -- Side
Dwi -- Back
Gwan-Jang-Nim -- Grandmaster
Yul-Joong-Shut -- At Ease
Gam-Sah-Hap-Ni-Dah -- Thank you very much
|Soo-Go -- Thank You
Hei-Cho -- Dismiss
Shi-Jak -- Begin
Kee-Mar-Cha-Sae -- Horseriding Stance
Ap-Seo-Gi -- Short Front Stance
Ap-Koo-Bi -- Long Front Stance
Kukie -- Flag
Shi-Yuh -- Rest
Go-Mahn -- Stop
Ji-Roo-Gi -- Punch
Chah-Gi -- Kick
Dwi-Roh -- Backwards
Doh-Jang -- Tae Kwon Do School
Mook-Nyum -- Meditate
Geh-Sok -- Continue
|Ha-Na -- 1 -- Il
Dool -- 2 -- Yi
Set -- 3 -- Sahm
Net -- 4 -- Sah
Dah-Sut -- 5 -- Oh
Yuh-Sut -- 6 -- Yook
Il-Gop -- 7 -- Chil
|Yuh-Dul -- 8 -- Parl
Ah-Hohp -- 9 -- Goo
Yuhl -- 10 -- Ship
Smool -- 20
Suh-Reun -- 30
Mah-Eun -- 40
Shi-Eun -- 50